In line with the new Government initiative, all infant children (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) are entitled to order a free school meal from September 2014. If preferred, children may bring a packed lunch from home.
We have our own kitchen on site where meals are freshly prepared and cooked to order. There are three daily menu choices of hot meal - Main, Vegetarian or Jacket Potato which must be pre-ordered against the current menu; children may choose their dessert on the day.
Hot meals are provided by Edwards and Ward and must be ordered online via ParentPay. Meals must be ordered by midnight on Wednesday before the full week in which the meal is to be served. For information, the current price for a school dinner is £2.30.
Children whose parents receive the following support payments should register with Wiltshire Council as they or the school may be eligible for other fee remissions or Pupil Premium Funding:
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income Based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit) and combined annual income, as assessed by HMRC, is not above £16,190 (as at 6 April 2012)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Application forms are available from the school office or you may apply on line at: www.wiltshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals. Entitlement is confirmed by the Local Authority.
Packed lunches brought in from home should not include any glass containers or fizzy drinks. Please remember to include a spoon if your child brings in yoghurt. Hot liquids are not allowed for safety reasons.