The School Prayer
This is our School
Let peace dwell here
Let the rooms be full of contentment
Let love abide here
Love of one another
Love of mankind
Love of life itself
And love of God
Let us remember
That as many hands build a house
So many hearts make a school
Daily acts of collective worship are provided and through these we aim to:
- Provide opportunities for children to worship and explore their own beliefs, and to praise and reach out to God.
- Express praise and gratitude; recognition of vulnerability as humans, pray for oneself and others.
- Reaffirm and practise the mission, aims and values of our school.
- Stimulate reflection and spiritual growth within the school.
- Develop a sense of belonging, sharing, caring and responsibility.
- Celebrate Christian beliefs, ideals, values and experiences.
- Promote feelings of awe and wonder, love, compassion and personal relationships.
- Share emotions such as love, hope, friendship, acceptance, fear, reverence, forgiveness and trust.
- Offer children the time to reflect, respond and have reverence for things which are of worth, and which have great meaning in people’s lives.
The right of parents to withdraw their children from all or part of worship will be respected. Pupils withdrawn will be appropriately occupied within the school.